Our Mission is to help give infants, young children and their families the best possible start in the important, early years of life by improving professional and community understanding that infancy is a critical time for the development of emotional, physical, cognitive, social and mental health.
In order to achieve our Mission, AAIMHI will:
1. Improve professional and public recognition
2. Educate members and other professionals who work with infants and their families
3. Promote and disseminate research
4. Advocate in the interests of infant mental health
5. Develop professional competencies, standards and recognition
6. Provide information and services to members
7. Liaise with affiliated and international colleagues
8. Enhance good governance.